Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Shoe Whisperer

Why hello there, my beloved running shoes...it's been a while. Remember me? We logged some lovely miles last year; you both carried me through the miles of training I needed to train for a marathon, and then we crossed the finish line in Las Vegas together, as a team. It's good to have you back on my feet and on the road. The 3 miler we did today was a little tough but we made it. I know, my legs complained a little and we felt a little awkward and clumsy but there's really nothing new about that-you both knew the first day I laced you up and went for a run that you hadn't been sold to an elite runner.

So here we are, together again, a little sooner than the dr. suggested; but what does he know? He's not a runner. And I am.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You're back! Doesn't it feel so wonderful that first time back after a break. It makes you appreciate it even more.

funderson said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!! Funny, a runner's relationship w/ their shoes...

greentigress said...

yay for running!! yay for you!!!
great to be back in a pair of worn trainers!!