Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A New Age Group!

Today is my birthday and being a runner it has a whole different and very special meaning that a non-runner just wouldn't understand. So, faithful reader, you might ask what makes this particular birthday so special? Is it a nice dinner in a fancy restaurant with real tablecloths and an actual wine list? Is it a gift that comes in a very small black velvet box or the delivery of flowers from the local florist?

Actually, none of the above examples apply to me. This birthday is extra special because this year I'm in a new age group for races! So all you ladies in the 55 to 60 group, especially at the Bull Canyon Run-there's a new kid on the block!

Oh, crud. I just realized that the lady that kicks my butt at every single race I enter is the same age as me....

7 comments:

funderson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Jill said...

LOL! Don't you love it when you are the youngest in your age group. Ha ha ha. ADVANTAGE!

I also love that once you reach 40, you're in the "Masters" group. I tell everyone I'm a "Masters Runner". It really impresses the non-runners. :)

robison52 said...

Happy belated birthday! I still have 1 1/2 years until I enter my new age group...seemingly their are strong runners in EVERY age group.

Allen said...

I always looked forward to being in a new age group. However, I don't have any more age groups to look forward to. Most races around Utah have a group that goes from 70 to 99, so it'll be a while before I turn 100; maybe then I'll be the only one in that group, and I'll get medals for winning my age group.

Just think, Tanya, in four years from now you'll be one of the older runners in your group, and you'll actually look forward to being 60 so you'll be in a new group again.

WendyBird said...

Happy birthday (a bit late, 'cause I was offline :-)
Isn't it nice that we now have a great new reason to look forward to birthdays?!? Here is to kicking bum in your new bracket!

Casey said...

happy late bday! now you really have to try and beat that lady! :D

greentigress said...

Happy Birthday Tanya!! Great that there is a positive thing more important than a nice bottle of wine or whatever !!