Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rain!

It's rained here for 4 days straight. That's 4 days of continuous, every minute, 24/7 rain of varying intensity. If you saw the national news of the rain here in California where they showed someone in one of those fold out row boats, that was a video taken in the little town just 20 miles or so north of my home. 2 nearby towns have had evacuation notices. I am fortunately high and dry with no water in my home but I'm experiencing a serious case of cabin fever. I'm stuck on the treadmill until the rain stops. It's currently not raining but that won't last long enough for me to get in even a short run.

Since I have to use the treadmill (which I hate with the white hot passion of a thousand suns) I decided to run shorter distances, but bump up the intensity. I run hard for 1/4 mile, then recover, then another 1/4 mile sprint for 4 miles. If I'm feeling really frisky, I'll finish up with a quick 1 mile walk with the incline bumped up as high as my treadmill will go-12%. We'll see if this translates to better running out doors when I'm finally able to get in a real run.

6 comments:

Jill said...

My husband and I hate the deadmill so much that we'll run in the rain. We have rain gear so it's not so bad. Our dog hates it though! We drag her out with us anyway. :)

But I'll admit Hubby's shoes are starting to smell foul!

Your deadmill workout sounds really good. You won't have missed a step by the time you can get back out there.

Merry Christmas!!!

WendyBird said...

Sooooooooo, did it work??

robison52 said...

Sounds like you got a real tough interval workout on the treadmill! I hope you're not too sore. Running on the dreadmill can be horrid, but better than the alternative of no running.

Thank you for all the support you've given me and taking responsibility for adding the mileages for "Bruce Team." I would love to someday visit you and maybe do an easy recovery run this Fall...You deserve a big HUG!

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com

Rich Tango-Lowy said...

Hi Tanya,

It's been a long time, but I know it's you from the British sports car! If you're still monitoring this blog, please contact me!

Kind regards,

Rich Tango-Lowy
formerly of the Uncertain-T's
603.625.4043

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey