Monday, March 22, 2010

Cashier Hell

I managed a pretty decent 6.2 miler Sunday; it was the first run in 3 weeks that actually felt good. My pace is still really slow but I can live with that.

I finished my last day in cashier hell today. Tomorrow I return to my boring little cubicle cluttered with contracts and post it notes and phone messages. I'm really, REALLY looking forward to being retired again, mostly because I can run when I darn well feel like running again instead of being at the mercy of my work schedule.

The Bull Canyon 10k is approaching soon and it's kind of a big deal around here; I just talked to a coworker who will be running it this year, her first race. She's not someone I normally talk to much, but we spent about an hour talking about the course and the killer hill that starts around mile 3 and goes on forever. She's a novice runner but should do well; she ran 6 miles this weekend and told me she actually felt like she could have gone farther. Today as I was leaving work I stopped by her desk and we were talking about the best time to run-we both agreed that running after work sucks and running first thing in the morning is the best. Another employee was listening to our conversation and asked us how early we get up to run; we both get up around 4:00 so we can hit the road at sunrise. Our co-worker decided we were both crazy and no one should have to get up that early just so they can run. My new running friend and I just looked at each other knowingly-we told him we didn't expect him to understand; it's a running thing...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Isn't it great to find new runner friends?? I met a girl during high school and we have always stayed in touch. In the last few years she has started running and is training for her first marathon. It is so nice to have someone else to talk running with...no one else gets it!