Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weather Report

I feel the need to apologize to my faithful readers right from the get go for this post. I know some of you are going to be very, very jealous of my situation right now...

You don't need to watch the weather reports on the news to know it's been extremely hot across the nation lately. The national weather map is one big, humongous blaze of red almost from sea to shining sea-I say almost because there's one tiny exception to our national heat wave. When the weather guy shows that national map and you see all that red indicating hot weather, look closely at California. Almost dead smack in the middle of the coast is a little strip of green indicating an oasis of cool weather. That is where I live. It hasn't even made it into the 70's for several days and we've had a blanket of cool clouds that doesn't lift until the afternoon. I ran yesterday at 10:00 and it was perfect running conditions-cloudy, cool, and just foggy enough that I could feel the moisture on my skin as I ran.

To those of you living in hotter climates, if I could send this weather your way, I would share it with you.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

you lucky dog!!! good for you. Well we are flying to Northern California today so hopefully we will feel some relief from this 100 plus weather we have been having in Texas.