Saturday, January 23, 2010

Here Comes the Sun

So I wake up early this morning and what do I see? Is it possible? Could that be...the SUN? I mean I haven't seen that big golden sort of glowy thing in the sky for a long time but I seem to remember it vaguely-it's all warm and bright and it means I'm off the deadmill! I hit the streets for a 6.2 miler this morning and it was glorious. I felt like I was flying and my feet never touched the pavement. Let's face it, faithful readers-running outdoors beats the deadmill all to heck-there is just no comparison. And I had the lovely experience of dodging rain puddles through the whole run!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like an awesome run!! It is sunny here too! But only in the 30s, but I'll take it! Enjoy your day!

robison52 said...

Sunny all weekend in Las Vegas!! Last week I managed to run only once on the dreadmill due to a strong storm...nevertheless, I did run THREE days in the rain, which I thought might be good test for April's "Labor of Love 50k Race" that's held in the mountains and often has poor weather in the early Spring.

Unknown said...

Yay for sun and good for you getting the run in, I hate having to hit the treadmill. Which, I should have done today, but didn't. :)