Thursday, February 12, 2009

Biggest Loser

I've been stuck in runner's hell on the deadmill all week due to rain. I have a love/hate relationship with my mill. I love the convenience-there it sits, in my bedroom, at my complete disposal any day or time. And yet, especially without my tv, the boredom is mind numbing. I think I can actually feel my brain turn into cheese curds while I use it. I'm praying for clear skies tomorrow because honestly, folks-I can't even imagine 8 miles on the mill while staring at my closet door.

I'm a huge fan of the tv show, "Biggest Loser". I've watched every season, and when it first came on I used to watch it while doing my thing on the elliptical. I truly admire the people on that show. I'm at a normal weight, I have been for a few years now, and I still wouldn't get on a scale in front of millions of tv viewers wearing nothing more than a sports bra and shorts. These people are truly brave. And the changes they experience-when they have finally lost the weight, and we see them in the final show-they look like different people. I wish the producers would show us some of the contestants from previous seasons. I'd be interested in seeing if they managed to keep the weight off.

6 comments:

Sherri said...

I love biggest losser too! I have to switch at 8 to go watch scrubs but that is moving to Wed nights so I will be able to watch it all now. Some of the challenges are just lame though. standing there half the night holding up a bar. really! but I love the fact that they are trying to get healthly. I always get a kick out of the plug for the cereals or oatmeal or whatever. Makes me wonder how much that company paid to get them to advertise their product like that! I loved it when the first girl won last season (or year before, can't remember!) it was so triumphant and she looked good. They have had shows that I've seen where they bring back contestants from other shows that still have the weight off after several years. Don't know if they all do but they are learning a lifestyle there so if they truly changed their ways, they really should keep it of. I've never been overweight but I know a lot of people that do and they get mad cause "I can eat anything want, etc" (which isn't true) But they don't want to recognize that I run and workout 5 or 6 times a week! Anyway, sorry for rambling, but they annoy me. I have a friend right now that is going to the doctor to find out why she has gained 50 lbs. She works in a dept store and walks around all day, so to her that is her exercise! please!!! oh well.
So anyway, I love that you add "in bed" to fortune cookies. I'll have to try that. sounds like fun. I admire you for using the treadmill. I just hardly can bring myself to do that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post on my blog Tanya, really helpful...

You need a new tv!!!!! What is happening with the insurance!?

Definitly a wow to those people, I think so too...

schizophrenic_girl_running
greentigress, (can't sign in )

Tanya said...

Sherri, I get the same thing regarding my weight-I can eat anything I want, how do I do it, blah blah blah. I actually had some coworkers once spread the rumor that I was anorexic.

Tanya said...

Greentigress, we are making progress with the insurance company. I opted to let them replace some of my stuff rather than just taking money, and they just told me they're sending me a new tv. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

SuperDave said...

I think you get to a point in your life when you know that the only way your are going to lose weight is by getting on that show. Very brave!
I hope the weather clears for you. I agree 8 miles on the TM is worse than death!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya...I am soooo glad you are getting a new T.V. When will it arrive? They won't let you pick out your own, or did I missunderstand? Luv U Mom