Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I feel the need...the NEED FOR SPEED!

Went out on an easy 4 miler this morning and it was perfect for running-crisp, cold, and clear; I left the cold weather gear home and opted for shorts and a t shirt just because I needed to feel the air on my skin. I started the run at a pretty decent clip for me; and somehow I managed to maintain it for a 9:40 pace. That, faithful readers, is as good as it gets for me, the last place runner who does her best work at the back of the pack!

I spent most of the day today on the computer trying to figure out what the best, cheapest package is for a satelite dish tv thingy. I have a theory that the companies that provide this service try to make it as complicated and convoluted as possible, thereby stunning and confusing the potential customer/victim so thoroughly that he finally cries "Uncle" and signs on the bottom line without regard for hook up fees, extra box fees, local channel fees, fees service fees, salesmen's christmas bonus fees, well, you get the picture. I finally gave up after I developed a horrific headache and had downloaded about 5 gazillion pages of useless information. I'm almost ready to unplug the stupid tv and just start reading books by lamplight. I would definitely do that, except that Amazing Race just started a new season and I'm re-hooked on Grey's Anatomy after a brief hiatus due to dumb story lines.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like an awesome run! I can't wait until spring comes and I can run in shorts and a t-shirt. :)

Mountain Mama said...

Tanya, you wold love satilite T.V. so many stations to surf thru. When I surf I usually end up watching the first channel I started with, only to find I missed the first 10 to 15 minutes of the show...Mom

Mountain Mama said...

I read the comment on my blog about the house on Eye street. I also googled it, and I think the house you saw was the one next door to us. The street scene I had jumped from 812 to 816, good grief that was some 60 years ago....Can you email me the picture of the house you saw? I would love to know for sure. My brother told me about 20 years ago when he was here and he went to Bakersfield the house was no longer there. Luv U Mom

BeachRunner said...

Sweet run.

SuperDave said...

Nothing better than feeling your lung and legs burn.
I've thought about switching to satelite, but you just changed my mine. haha