Monday, May 19, 2008

Finally, a good run

I planned an easy run today in place of crosstraining on the elliptical. When I peeked out the window this morning and saw heavy fog, I knew it would be a good day to run. Sure enough, I had a really nice run-it felt good enough that I decided to turn my easy run into a tempo run. No achey legs or hips, breathing felt good as always, and running in fog is the best. Maybe I have my running mojo back...

Now, about treadmills. I finally got one with the intent of using it when time constraints and weather make running outside difficult. I thought it would be really helpfull in the winter when we can have days of rain without a break. I've used the thing 3 times now and already I hate it. Even with a TV to watch while I'm on it, it gets boring. I've done 4 miles on it and I can't imagine what a long run would be like. I'm thinking I'll have to play with the pace to break up the boredom. Oddly enough, I'm more tired after the treadmill than I am when I run outdoors. I wonder if that's because the treadmill forces me to run a steady pace?

So I will use it, and my husband will use it for walking, and it will be a good tool. But I still hate it.

1 comment:

robison52 said...

I'm not thrilled about running on a treadmill during bad weather, in my case very hot weather, but it's better than the alternative of not running at all! It is indeed more difficult to run on the treadmill than the roads due to the constant relentless pace, therefore sometimes will switch the speed or elevation as to use different muscles.