Saturday, May 24, 2008

Last place

I ran my long run of 9 miles today and had a very good run, except for dogs. For some reason every nasty dog in the neighborhood was loose and I had to stop 3 times so they would'nt chase me. They were all the little yippy kind, the kind that would just love to tear a hole in your ankle. Otherwise, it was a good run-good in that I finished the distance, and I met my pace goal. I found a pace calculator determined by my race time. I like it because it gives a pace range for several types of runs- long, easy, tempo and recovery. My long run pace should be 10:50 to 11:50; today I ran 9 miles at 11:18. Now you know why I'm the last place runner!

Speaking of last place, Hubby and I met an aquaintance of Hubby's at Costco yesterday, and Hubby mentioned that we saw his name on the results page for the 10k I entered last month. So naturally we talked about running and racing, although he is way beyond my level-he and his wife have done several marathons. Anyway, I asked if he was entering the local half marathon next month, and told him that last year I came in dead last. He laughed, said he and his wife were running it, and that he came in dead last when they first had the race, 27 years ago!

No comments: