Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rest Day Trivia

Today I am not running. I should be doing a short recovery run; I'm going to not run today and change my Monday crosstraining day to a running day. In other words, I'm tweaking my training plan for the half marathon. Remember-no running plan is cast in stone; we can tweak, change, modify, and adjust to our hearts content. I'm new enough to running that I still don't really know what works best for me.

So, today will be a trivia question. I will give one point to the first person who can tell me the name of the movie this line comes from:

"You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

You get an extra point if you happen to know it, and don't just look it up on the internet.

This is from one of my all time favorite movies. As I continue to blog, you will discover more about my taste in movies; there's a bit of everything in there. It's a lot like my taste in books. Honestly, I will read anything that's printed. Except romance novels.

I baked chocolate chip cookies last night; not my absolute best effort. I was a bit rushed, took a couple of batches out too soon and they were just a hair underdone. Here is my scale for chocolate chip cookies:
scale of 1 to 10

1= those cookies you get at the mall, that are gooey in the middle and way too sweet, and they only appeal to very small children.

10=these cookies are so good that they are what you will want to eat as your last meal on Earth; Just one perfect cookie, and then you can die happy.

The batch I made last night was a 5.5.

No comments: