Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cross training

I did my cross training today. I didn't like it but I did it-30 minutes on the elliptical then 30 minutes of walking at a fast clip on the treadmill, my two least favorite ways to exercise. However, by splitting it up it wasn't quite as bad as a whole hour on one or the other, so maybe this is the way to go in the future. I can skip back and forth as the spirit moves me.

We saw X Files today. Spoiler alert-if you intend to see the movie, stop here.

It wasn't what I expected. I thought it would be a continuation of the last movie. Instead, it was really just an episode like they would have shown on the TV series, just longer. No aliens, no black goo oozing around in someones eyes, and unfortunately no mysterious smoking man. They did finally have Scully and Mulder hook up-it's about time!

I miss the series; I was seriously addicted. Hubby and I joke to this day about the Peacock family and their interesting use of a mechanic's dolly.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Came to read about your duathlon but don't see anything. Did I read that right, that you said you did a duathlon yesterday? cross training is great.

Sherri said...

ha!!! love that. pizza and beer is a duathlon. I can handle that, except substitue a wine cooler (which my hubbys says is flavored beer)! lol