Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A fine mess

I did a terrible, slow, sluggish 6 miles today. I'm pretty sure the running gods have a rule book, and the first rule is that no one is allowed more than 2 good runs in a row. They do that to keep us humble.

I was going to post about this financial mess the good ol US of A has fallen into, and I just can't bring myself to do it. It's too depressing and it would be a long, sad and sorry post. I'm depressed because I know that I, the taxpayer, will be forced to bail out huge banks. I know that the CEOs of those banks will take the millions they will be paid upon leaving the corporations and spend their retirement years blissfull and comfy in their well appointed homes while my fellow taxpayers foot the bill. I wish that I could personally smack every banker who approved a subprime loan to someone who should never have been approved for any kind of loan.

I guess I did post about the mess we're in, didn't I. Now I'll have to bake some cinnamon rolls from scratch to get myself out of this depressing mood I'm in.

5 comments:

WendyBird said...

Try #2 to post a comment.
Hang in there Tanya, at least we chose a cheap sport :-)

Lily on the Road said...

I can smell the cinnamon rolls from here!

You did a good job on the mini post. It is very depressing & it is spilling into Canada. *sigh*

The Running Bob said...

Gggggggrrrrrr.....uuuuuuugggghhhhh! (sound of frustration)... it's all I can say about the financial situation.

robison52 said...

I'm getting to the point where I can't watch televison news without getting angry and depressed...just another reason to get out that front door!

My best Homer Simpson impression: "Hmmmmmm cinnamon rollssssss."

DuckvilleRunner said...

I think you are saying what a lot of us are thinking, and I'm one of them.