Monday, September 8, 2008

My new political affiliation

I did 3 miles today with a new battery in my heart rate monitor strap. I got no heart rate readings at all-zip, zilch, nada. This means one of 2 things: a) I'm dead, or b) I installed the battery incorrectly. I'm assuming the correct answer is b since I never saw a very bright light filled with dead people beckoning me forward.

I was reading some notes given to me by my grandfather some years back about his life growing up in west Texas. He commented that his father, and his grandfather, were politically very active in their small community and that they were both "Jeffersonian Constitutionalists". I don't know what that is, but I like the sound of it. It has a nice ring and I have decided that that will be my new party, a party of one unless any of you, faithful readers, care to join me. Feel free to use that affiliation if you get called by any pollsters who want to know what party you belong to. We can make up the rules and a party platform as we go along.

4 comments:

BeachRunner said...

LOL at the battery. Jefferson is one of my heroes. I am co-opting your grandfather's political affilation. I will figure out what it means later.

Lily on the Road said...

Well you are most certainly NOT dead, so it must be the batteries. LOL...

& yes, post hole digging is considered cross training in my books!!

Anonymous said...

I like your way of thinking about politics. "Pops" was a very wise man.
Mountain Mama signing off

Allen said...

Probably the closest thing today to your 2nd great grandfather's party is the Constitutional Party. It's interesting that the GOP of today is more liberal than the demos of JFK's time (1960)