Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A better day

Thanks, guys, for all your kind words and commiseration. Laurel, your comment in particular about the treadmill did give me a chuckle, especially since I tried running on it last night without a tv to watch and it sucked like a Hoover. And Bruce, I'm sorry you had to go throught this as well. I managed to work on my list of stolen stuff without crying last night even though I had to add some stuff. I'm trying to figure out how to put a value on it-I don't remember what I paid for most of it, and I really don't know what it's worth. I know what it's worth to me, I just don't know what it's worth to the insurance company.

I'm trying really hard to be positive. They didn't take Garmie, and I had 2 runs in him that I haven't downloaded yet, so that's a good thing. They didn't take my race medals or the notebook with my race bibs and pictures. So we can surmise that the bottom feeding cretin is not a runner.

The very good news is I had a Dr appointment yesterday and I asked the doc if there was any reason, based on my medical history that I shouldn't run a marathon in December. He said "I think that's a brilliant idea!" And he wasn't being sarcastic! He's a cyclist so he gets what running means to me. We talked about my training plan and dealing with longer runs and he was very positive.

so, faithful readers-time to move forward. I'll do what I can to stay safe and keep the wolves away from my door; the loss I've suffered is only stuff. It was important, valuable stuff but just stuff none the less. I hope whoever gets it takes care of it and realizes its value.

5 comments:

The Running Bob said...

Oh Tanya, I just read about the theft and I feel for you -- it just sucks. I hope they find your belongings and lock those bastards up.

Better days are ahead.

I received your email and wanted you to get involved as early as possible, as I know you were committed to Vegas. Take care of business and the alarm first, though.

BeachRunner said...

Hang in there, Tanya. And stay positive. Good luck with the alarm and insurance stuff.

Bob Hazen said...

Tanya I just read about your theft, I am so sorry for your loss! Hang in there, and do what you have to do. At least they didn't take your cars right? And you and your hubby are ok so that's what matters.

Have a great new year!

SuperDave said...

It's hard to move on and I'm guessing that it will take awhile. Don't give up on finding your stuff. Keep visiting the pawn shops.
Sentimental stuff can never be replaced.

greentigress said...

Hi Tanya,
Sounds like a nightmare, but you are coping with it and doing what you have to do which i admire... it is nice to hear you being positive and of course it was not a runner!!!