Monday, December 15, 2008

I survived!

Well, I survived the weekend-the wedding, birthday party, Christmas party-I made it through it all, but I didn't run all weekend. My legs were really shot after the 10 miler on Friday; I'm thinking the hills did me in, even though I walked up them. So today I really needed a run. It's raining and I decided to wait for a window of opportunity between showers, and I managed to fit in an easy 4 miler. It started raining again just as I was walking up the drive to my house-how's that for good timing!

I'm glad I did 4 miles-that brings my total miles for 2008 up to 995 miles! Just a simple little 5 miler and I will reach my goal of 1000 miles for the year. I'll do that this week; I'm going to run my regular schedule, then I'll probably take a few days off from running. I need a break-I think I'll use the elliptical for a few days for a change of pace.

2 comments:

BeachRunner said...

Congrats on your yearly mileage. That is awesome!

Allen said...

Tanya, I like your use of the word "survived". That is how I feel about all of the parties and activities that I attend during the Christmas season. :)