Monday, June 16, 2008

7x400

Intervals again today and I still hate them. BUT I did them, complaining the whole distance. My fastest lap was 8:14, slowest was 9:20 but it was up the only real hill on my course so I'm using that as an excuse for the slow time.

I feel like I'm back on track for the half. The long run last week that went so well has gone a long way to boosting my confidence about the race. I managed to get in all my runs despite a really busy week with family in from out of town and various other commitments. Honestly, when I hear people complain that retirement is boring and they don't have enough to do, I wonder what they're doing wrong. I can't find enough time in the day to get everything done that I want to do. I seem to have developed what I call "retirement attention deficit syndrom". I have specific plans for the day; then something else that seems more interesting comes into my head and I do that instead. I currently have 3 projects half finished and I found myself on the internet looking for information for a 4th I want to start. And I haven't made it to the range to do some shooting in weeks!

Retirement-I highly reccommend it.

No comments: