Monday, June 9, 2008

Tempo run

I had a really good run today. I ran 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday which I hate hate hate, but had no choice; I didn't get out the door early enough and it was too hot. So today, I got out at 6 am and it was very cool and a little foggy-perfect running weather! I felt really good right at the start, strong and none of the usual aches and pains when I start; so I warmed up for a half mile then kicked it up a gear. According to the McMillan calculator, I needed to keep my pace between 9:24 and 9:49 for at least 20 minutes. I managed an average 9:30 pace for 25 minutes. So I was happy with that. I guess I can do speed work!

I really needed this run. I have had a string of bad runs. I have an 11 miler scheduled for Friday and I am really focused on doing it well. It's more of a confidence thing than a physical thing.

No comments: