Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rest Day

Today is a rest day, which means a little weight training and house cleaning-does vacuuming count as crosstraining?

A few days ago, while I was waiting for my car to get smogged at the dealership, I found a really great recipe in a magazine. I thought about tearing it out, and decided against that. I hate reading a magazine in a doctors/dentists/whomever's office and finding pages missing. Anyway, the recipe was so simple that I was sure I could remember it. It was cherry tomatoes stuffed with salmon, dill, a little lemon, and...something else. I could not for the life of me remember what the last ingredient was. I kept thinking ricotta cheese, but I knew that wasn't right. It was really bugging me. I just knew this was a really good recipe-I kept invisioning it as a sandwich filling, on ciabatta rolls, with fresh tomatoes, and maybe just a very thin slice of red onion. Then I remembered-of course! Avocado! Salmon, dill, lemon and avocado. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it...

Now I'm wondering if salmon and ricotta cheese would be good together..

No comments: