Friday, June 20, 2008

Dedication

I planned a rest day today, but it didn't work out that way. I woke up at 5 am and it was a really beautiful morning, cooler than yesterday and a full moon. So, I decided what the hey, let's go for a short run just because I can. So I'm up, dressed and out the door by 5:15. It was still warmer that I like it but not intolerable like yesterday. My plan was 4 miles unless my legs complained too much, but I felt pretty strong and managed all 4 miles without much difficulty. I did take a break at the 2 mile point-my inlaws are on vacation so I'm feeding the horses while they're gone. So 10 minutes to toss some hay in the feeders and pet 2 little noses and I'm on the road again.

I realized today that I can finally really tell there's some improvement in my running. I remember when any run over 10 miles would kill my legs the next day; I would be walking like an 80 year old woman with severe arthritis all day long. And here I am doing a nice easy 4 miler the day after an 11 mile run. I'm coming to the conclusion that my goal with running is distance, not speed. I know I'll never be fast, but I have no idea how far I can run. It will be interesting to find out just what my limits are.

2 comments:

The Running Bob said...

In respect to sated broccoli, she just uses a little oil for the garlic and peppers and adds steamed broccoli for a few minutes. It's okay...

robison52 said...

You're progressing so very fast, I have a feeling we're both going to be surprised how high you limits will be eventually!!