Sunday, June 1, 2008

Never Satisfied

I ran a 5k yesterday. I crossed the finish line feeling very dissapointed-I knew I didn't beat my last 5k time. So Hubby and I were waiting for the results to come up and I was whining as usual about how I didn't push hard enough and I'll never be fast and blah blah blah, and Hubby asked me, "So, what pace would you be happy with today?" I told him if I did 9:20 or so I would be happy. Sure enough the results finally came up and I did 28:22 which works out to about a 9:07 pace. So of course, I was pretty happy. And then, as we were standing around, I saw a lady with an absolutely thrilled expression on her face-it was obvious she had a really great run. So I asked her how she did, and she told me "The best ever-I finally ran a 5k in under 30 minutes!"

Yeah, I remember clearly wanting to run a sub 30 minute 5k. I congratulated the lady, told her she did great, and I hope I see her at future races. It's all relative. There's always going to be a lot of people who are a lot faster than me and a few who are slower. I just have to remember to run my own race and be happy with my accomplishments.

No comments: