Friday, June 6, 2008

Long Run

Today was a dissapointing long run. I did 10 miles and bonked somewhere around 6. The last 4 miles was a run/walk with a very sad pace of 13 minute miles. This is scaring me-if I can't do 10 miles, how am I going to complete the half marathon I just signed up for on July 5? I just have to keep reminding myself-the worst thing that can happen in the race is that I crash and burn and do a lot of walking. I can still complete the race. I just really want to get a decent time, since I'm using this half mary to qualify for the Disney half marathon next year. I can still enter the Disney race, but if I don't have a qualifying time in another half, they will put me in the last corral. Of course, I'm so slow that I could still be in the last corral anyway...

4 comments:

The Running Bob said...

Tanya,

The brown sugar pork chops have an interesting blend and aren't sweet at all. I found the recipe here

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_904,00.html

I'll try posting the link on my website as well.

The ricotta cheese with salmon doesn't sound appealing, especially as I'm not a ricotta cheese fan -- kind of a bland, filler ingredient.

Glad to see you're running. I haven't been back to the About.com pages in awhile.

Have a race tomorrow and need to get to sleep.

Bob

robison52 said...

We all have bad runs when nothing comes together and we end up bonking, treat it as what it is, a bad run and keep pushing to be better. Don't be too concerned about race day, your endorphins and excitement will push you farther than you think you can, it's what I call Race Day Magic!!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Hiii!
I haven't been around for awhile, but decided to visit AND found my way to you're page! I also had a dissappointing long 10 miler, but then you have to remember all the really good races you have had.

The race day magic that bruce mentioned is so true. I have recentely found out that my fellow runners on the day of my first half marathon thought I was done at the 10k point, but the 'race day magic' and endorphins carried me to the finish!

You'll do fine! Relax and have fun!:)

P.S. July's kinda hot to do a half marathon isn't it?

The Running Bob said...

As race day approaches, I think we're all subject to doubtful thoughts. I'm going through the same thing now with a marathon in August and just don't feel I could run it today. Maybe that the point - not today but after completing the training schedule and race day excitement/crowds will propel me. Keep up the good work and it's okay to have doubts, just don't dwell on them and side track your training. Most importantly, have FUN!